Galit Ben David
Galit was born in Haifa, Israel, on September 29, 1972. After graduating from "Wizo" Academy of art and design in 1997, the brand-new fashion designer opened a store in Haifa, launching off her own label-"TORSO". For the next six years, Galit spent her time perfecting her passion for fashion design.
In 2005, Galit took one further step towards becoming a world wide renowned fashion designer and moved to Tel-Aviv, where she launched a new label, "GZ" –a nickname given to her by her husband. It was just a matter of time before her store drew the attention of the Israeli elite fashion community.
Galit's style is greatly influenced by various styles of architecture, arts and periodic women fashion trends combined with a subtle new age twist, on top of paying great particular attention to the female form. Galit is also known for her uncompromising emphasis on detail and quality, all of witch make her designs desired by both Israeli icons , models and actresses. Galit's distinct signature and unique design definitely stand out.
Witzo Haifa Academy of Design and Education, Haifa, Israel.
Fashion designer, certified design teacher, 1993-1997
During my studies I designed costumes for various productions.
2011-2012 “OPERA LTD.” , Tel Aviv , Israel.
• Head designer for women’s clothes.
2006-2011 “Galit Zituny”, Tel Aviv, Israel.
• Head designer, and retail store manager.
• Founder of “Galit Zituny” independent name brand.
• Over seas export, mainly to the US.
• PR relations.
• Supervision of cutters and marketing to other retail stores.
• Original designs for women, wedding gowns, and evening gowns.
• Cooperating with stylists on photo shoots and T.V shows.
• Dressing Israeli movie stars and singers.
• Designing for major clothing companies.
1997-2005 “Torso”, Haifa, Israel.
• Co-founder and director of studio and retail store.
• Marketing to other designer stores.
• Participation in a Fashion design exhibition in New York, U.S.A.